We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Friday, April 4, 2014

Scallop

  • The Scallop is an invented stanzaic form written in sixains. It was created by Marie L Blanche Adams.

    The Scallop is:
    • stanzaic, written in any number of sixains.
    • syllabic, 2-4-6-6-4-2 syllables per line.
    • rhymed, rhyme scheme abccba deffed ghiihg etc.



My Thanks to Judi Van Gorder for the wonderful resource at PMO

My example poem

What Need for Rhyme    (Scallop)

What need
have you for rhyme?
Is there a purpose served,
are rhyming words deserved
all of the time?
Indeed!

If I
should someday choose
to forego rhyming verse
my spirit would be worse
and I would lose,
so why?

© Lawrencealot -  April 4, 2014

Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment